The reason why you would want to create a sub-domain is to either cloak affiliate URLS or have URLS shown is a certain way, this is great when you have social media pages, where the sub-domain would redirect to a Facebook page for example, sub-domains make your business look more professional as the links are tailored to your brands names.
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/funnellearn/?modal=admin_todo_tour
Sub-domain redirect to: http://www.facebook.funnellearn.com
The sub domain cloaks the original Facebook link.
Follow these steps to create a sub-domain
- Login to your hosting providers dashboard
- On the main page, scroll down to where it says sub-domains
- Click create sub-domain redirect
- Enter the name you want
- The link will generate but you have to set a redirect
- Go back to the sub-domain you created
- Set a redirect by inserting the link that your want
- All done.
You can create as many names as you wish, the key is to just enter the name DO NOT add www. Just enter the name for example Facebook or twitter or affiliate program, the link will add automatically as an extension to your websites name hence (SUB-DOMAIN)